Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup spiced rum or Amaretto, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in rum if desired. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
Just before serving, spoon half of the pumpkin mixture into six parfait glasses. Top with half of the whipped cream and half of the crumbled cookies. Repeat layers. Yield: 6 servings.