Grainy-Mustard Mashed Potatoes With Sausage
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into large chunks
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage casings removed, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick) room temperature
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground balck pepper to taste
Cook potato chunks in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add milk and mustard; bring to simmer.
Mash potatoes; gradually mix in milk mixture. Add butter and stir to melt. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (398 Votes)