Grainy-Mustard Mashed Potatoes With Sausage
- 4 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into large chunks
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage casings removed, crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick) room temperature
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground balck pepper to taste
Cook potato chunks in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add milk and mustard; bring to simmer.
Mash potatoes; gradually mix in milk mixture. Add butter and stir to melt. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Goat Cheese-Arugula Ravioli With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger, Fig, And Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel, Watercress, And Endive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Double Lamb Chops With Ginger-Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crown Roast Of Pork With Sausage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sea Bass With Leeks, Potatoes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp With Andouille... 0/5 (0 Votes)