Crisp and refreshing, baking soda is the secret ingredient in this delicious family favorite sweet tea recipe. Perfect for any occasion, this recipe is sure to be a go-to in your arsenal of recipes any time you need a refreshing beverage for a large crowd of people. Enjoy any time of the year, sweet tea is a treat that not just the South loves.
- 12 tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 12 cups cool water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net
Sprinkle baking soda into a pitcher. Add tea bags to the pitcher and then pour boiling water over the tea bags.
Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
Remove and toss out tea bags, add sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
Add 12 cups cool water.
Refrigerate until cold and ready to drink.
Serve over ice.
You'll also love
- Spinach Quiche Bites 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Cranberry Chutney 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant... 3.8/5 (125 Votes)
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple... 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Ball 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cookies 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Loaded Nachos 4.5/5 (61 Votes)