Dried Cranberry And White Chocolate Biscotti
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries - (abt 6 oz)
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces good-quality white chocolate chopped (such as Lindt or Baker's, or use white chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, butter, 2 eggs and almond extract in large bowl until well blended. Mix in flour mixture, then dried cranberries. Divide dough in half.
Using floured hands, shape each piece into 2 1/2-inch-wide, 9 1/2-inch-long, 1-inch-high log. Transfer both logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly. Whisk egg white in small bowl until foamy; brush egg white glaze on top and sides of each log.
Bake logs until golden brown (logs will spread), about 35 minutes. Cool completely on sheet on rack. Maintain oven temperature. Transfer logs to work surface. Discard parchment. Using serrated knife, cut logs on diagonal into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Arrange slices, cut-side down, on same sheet. Bake 10 minutes; turn biscotti over. Bake until just beginning to color, about 5 minutes. Transfer biscotti to rack.
Stir chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Using fork, drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Freeze in airtight container. Thaw at room temperature.)
This recipe yields about 28.
You'll also love
- Double-Salmon Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Double Lamb Chops With Ginger-Mint... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Fettuccine With Prosciutto,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Baked Polenta With Herbs... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes With Avocado Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Macaroon Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Berrymisu 0/5 (0 Votes)