BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP
- pound ground beef, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (32 oz.) container chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- bacon, crumbled optional
Place ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, carrot, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic in your slow cooker and pour chicken stock over the top.
Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, then stir everything together. Cover slow cooker, turn on HIGH and cook for 3-4 hours, or until vegetables are softened.
Stir flour into heavy cream until no chunks remain, then pour mixture, along with cheddar cheese, into slow cooker.
Stir to combine, then cover and cook for another 20-30 minutes, then ladle into soup bowls, top with cheese and crumbled bacon, if using, and serve hot!