Double Lamb Chops With Ginger-Mint Crust
- 4 ounces crusty day-old baguette cut 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons butter cut small pieces, room temperature
- 12 double loin lamb chops, 1 3/4" thick (4 to 5 oz ea)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Blend first 4 ingredients in processor until finely chopped. Add butter pieces and process until paste forms.
Place chops on large baking sheet. Press bread mixture firmly on top of chops to adhere. Roast lamb to desired doneness, about 25 minutes for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes. Place 2 chops on each of 6 plates.
This recipe yields 6 servings.