Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound rigatoni noodles
- 1 pound cooked chicken, diced (I love using leftover wing meat)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into small dice (about 2 cups), plus chopped leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 bunch green onions, green parts only, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons
In a large pot of heavily salted boiling water, cook the rigatoni according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and (once cooled) add to a large bowl along with the chicken, celery and green onions. Toss well.
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, beer, honey, black pepper, cayenne and 2 teaspoons salt. Stir until smooth, then add to the bowl with the rigatoni. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to meld. Garnish with chopped celery leaves before serving.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/damaris-phillips/buffalo-chicken-pasta-salad.html?oc=linkback