Antipasto Pasta Salad
This antipasto pasta salad is perfect for a light summer supper, or as an appetizer for a festive Italian meal. Make sure to have some good crusty bread to soak up the dressing.
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 ounces sopressata or salami, halved and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 10 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (12-ounce) jar pepperoncini, drained, (2 tablespoons juice reserved), stemmed, and chopped coarse
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fusilli or campanelle pasta
- 1 pound white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese, aged
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry, and chopped coarse
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Arrange the pepperoni in a single layer on the paper towel. Cover with another paper towel and layer sopressata on top. Top with another paper towel and microwave on highest power until meat begins to render fat, about 1 minute. Set meat aside.
Whisk together 5 tablespoons vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise, pepperoncini juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, return to pot, and toss with 1/2 cup dressing and remaining vinegar. Adjust seasonings to taste, then spread dressed pasta on rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring remaining dressing to simmer in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their juices and are lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool.
Add meat, provolone, roasted red peppers, chopped pepperoncini, basil, and cooled pasta to mushrooms and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. Salad can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Italian Sausage & Peppers 5/5 (1 Votes)
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash Noodles with Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mom's Macaroni Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mini Vegan Quiches 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Watermelon Ancho Chile Salsa 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Salad with Lemon Thyme... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Taco Salad - Crockpot 5/5 (1 Votes)