Shrimp Salad with Basil and Chives Lemony Tarragon Chicken Salad
- For the shrimp:
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- NOTE: If buying uncooked peeled, deveined shrimp, cook for a few minutes in boiling water until they turn pink. Drain and reserve in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- For the chicken:
- 1 lb roasted chicken breasts (about two), skin-on and bone-in
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- NOTE: roast seasoned chicken breasts, skin-side up, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool, then remove the skin and break chicken apart with your hands into large chunks.
- For the base:
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 chives, snipped with a scissor
- white pepper
Adapted from huffingtonpost.com
Whisk together: lemon juice, mustard, and olive oil. Add in the mayonnaise and continue to whisk until combined. Add white pepper and salt to taste.
Mix in the fresh herbs, snip chives directly into the bowl, and toss together with the shrimp or chicken. Serve piled on top of a simply dressed salad (mixed greens, olive oil, and white vinegar) or sandwiched between two crusty pieces of wheat bread.
You'll also love
- VEAL MARSALA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BACON BRAISED GREEN BEANS 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rustic Apple Pear Date Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Cakes with Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice Baked Tuna Stuffed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Shrimp and Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- St. Thomas U.S.V.I. Crab Claws 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fluffy Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)