Asian Style Slaw
- 6 large scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 (16-ounce) bags coleslaw mix or 1 (16-ounce) bag of each green and red shredded cabbage
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tsp. salt
- 20 grinds black pepper
Toss the coleslaw mix, red onion, and scallions together in a large bowl until everything is thoroughly mixed. You can make the law up to this point up to a day in advance as long as you keep it refrigerated. Before serving, simply bring the slaw back to room temperature, make dressing and toss.
Stir remaining ingredients together in a small bowl until blended, then pour over the vegtables. Serve within 1 hour of dressing or the cabbage will get wilty.