BO JUNGLES SPICED RICE
- 1 lb bulk type breakfast sausage
- 2 2/3 cups clear chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain (Uncle Ben's) rice
- 1/4 cup dry minced onion
- 2 ribs celery -finely minced
- Seasoned salt & pepper to taste
- Dry minced parsley flakes
Brown & crumble sausage in medium skillet till pink color disappears. Pour in chicken broth & bring just to boil. Turn heat to simmer. Stir in rice, onion, & celery. Cover tightly. Let simmer gently 20 mins or till rice is tender & almost all liquid is absorbed by rice mixture. Add season salt & pepper to taste & dry minced parsley flakes if you wish.
Serves 4 to 6 nicely.
Leftovers can be refrigerated, covered, to rewarm within a few days.