Champagne Shrimp on Endive
- Champagne Shrimp
- 1 * 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 * 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 * 3 sprigs tarragon
- 1 * 1 pound 16/20 shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- * splash champagne vinegar
- 2 * 2 heads Belgian endive
- * edible flowers, for garnish
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 * 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 * 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 * 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
1. For shrimp, bring champagne, lemons and tarragon up to a simmer (I start with chilled champagne as the bottle will open without spilling). Add shrimp and cook, just below a simmer until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and cool.
2. Remove tail from shrimp and slice shrimp in half lengthwise. Toss shrimp with a splash of champagne vinegar and chill until ready to assemble.
3. To assemble, separate 16 endive spears and arrange on a platter. Spoon or pipe a teaspoonful of dip at the base of each spear.
4. Arrange 2 shrimp halves over dip (shrimp can curl over each other). Garnish with a petal from a flower (or a single flower if small).
1. Stir all ingredients together and chill until ready to assemble.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)