Banana Peach Smoothie
- 2 large bananas, thickly sliced
- 1 can (398 ml) peach halves in natural juice
- 200 g plain low-fat acidophilus yogurt
- 1 ⁄3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- sprigs of fresh mint to garnish (optional)
1. Place the bananas, peaches and juice, yogurt, mint and honey in a food processor or blender and blend to a smooth purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice. Add the orange juice and blend briefly until mixed.
2. Pour the smoothie into tall glasses and garnish with sprigs of mint, if desired.
Banana and peach smoothie variations: For a strawberry and banana smoothie, instead of peaches use 220 g strawberries. Reserve 4 strawberries and blend the remainder with the bananas and yogurt (there is no need to add honey or mint). Mix in apple juice in place of the orange juice. Stir in the grated rind and juice of 1 lime. Pour into glasses and decorate each one with a reserved strawberry skewered on a cocktail stick, if desired.
You'll also love
- VOODOO BLACK BEAN SOUP 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Greek Salad 111 (without Lettuce) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bruce's Famous Banana Pudding 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Best Quick and Easy Peach Cobbler 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Easy Peach Cobbler 4.1/5 (98 Votes)
- Peach Smoothie - Kefir 0/5 (0 Votes)