Charred Corn Salsa
Corn salsa is perfect on salads, topped on grilled chicken or salmon, and even served with chips.
- 4 medium ears corn, husks removed
- 1 pint red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, very finely chopped
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Heat an outdoor gas grill to medium or prepare a charcoal grill for indirect heat. A grill pan over medium heat will work as well.
Grill the corn uncovered until some the kernels are bright yellow and a few are charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side, for a total of 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob, and add to the bowl. Season with salt and stir to combine.
• Storage: Store the salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Per serving, based on 4 servings. (% daily value)
Calories 86 Fat 1.2 g (1.9%) Saturated 0.3 g (1.4%) Trans 0 g Carbs 18.8 g (6.3%) Fiber 3 g (11.9%) Sugars 7.6 g Protein 3.4 g (6.9%) Sodium 18.5 mg (0.8%)
You'll also love
- Roasted Broccoli with Sautéed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- BACON WRAPPED FRANKS IN BBQ SAUCE 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Watermelon and Arugula Chicken... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Oatmeal-Rye Bread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with Mom's Barley... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Florida Corn, Tomato, and Avocado... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate granola bars 4.3/5 (3 Votes)