Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1Tbsp1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2medium1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4C1/4 C melted butter
- 1/4C1/4 C flour
- 2C2 C half & half
- 2C2 C chicken stock
- 1/2lb1/2 lb fresh broccoli
- 1C1 C carrot, julienned
- 1/4tsp1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 16oz16 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Sauté onion in butter and set aside.
2. Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add half & half while still stirring.
4. Add chicken stock and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Add broccoli, carrots, and onions.
6. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper.
8. Purée in food processor if desired.
9. Return to low heat and stir in nutmeg and cheese until melted.
10. Serve and enjoy!