Baked Lime Cheesecake with Rum Cream
- 8 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50 g/2oz unsalted butter, melted
- 300 g/11 oz mascarpone cheese
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 100 g/4oz golden caster sugar
- 40 g/1 1/2 oz desiccated coconut
- grated zest and juice of 3 limes, plus strands of lime zest to decorate
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scraped out and reserved.
- for the rum cream
- 200 ml/7 fl oz double cream
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. dark rum
preheat oven to 350. mix the crushed biscuits into the melted butter.
place 4 x 10cm/4 inch chef's rings on a baking sheet. divide the biscuit mix between them and press down.
in a large bowl, whisk together the cheeses, flour, sugar, coconut, lime juice and zest, eggs and the vanilla pod seeds until blended.
pour on the biscuit bases and bake for 20mins until golden. they should be slightly wobbly in the center when ready. leave to cool in the oven.
meanwhile, whisk the cream, icing sugar and rum together to form soft peaks.
remove the cooled cheesecakes from their rings, then place on serving plates and top with quenelles of rum cream and strands of lime.