Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup red/purple cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cabbage, ½ cup of the Greek yogurt, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and the ½ teaspoon of salt.
Mix well and set aside.
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
In a small bowl, combine the remaining yogurt, sweet chili sauce, honey and 1 tablespoon of the hot sauce.
Whisk together until smooth. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, buttermilk, egg and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce. Whisk until smooth, and season with salt and pepper.
Working one at a time, add the shrimp to the batter. Shake off the excess batter from the shrimp, dredge in the panko, and press to coat both sides. Add the shrimp to the hot skillet.
Working in batches so as not to crowd the pan, cook the shrimps until golden brown and crispy, then flip and cook the other side.
Transfer the cooked shrimp to a paper-towellined plate.
Warm the tortillas.
Serve topped with the coleslaw and shrimp, and drizzled with the sweet chili sauce. Garnish with the remaining cilantro.