- 3/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a springform pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, using your fingers, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 Tablespoons sugar. Press onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour the mixture on top of the crust and bake until just set, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven to 500 degrees. In a bowl, combine the sour cream with the remaining 3 Tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread evenly over the cheesecake (be careful not to press or push into the cake). Bake for 5 minutes. Let the cake cool, then refrigerate overnight. Serve with berries.