Curried Chicken Salad
- 3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chutney (Major Grey's)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
Place chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 3 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones discard the skin, and dice the chicken into large bite-size pieces.
For the dressing, combine the mayo, wine, chutney, curry powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth.
Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well. Refrigerate for aa few hours to allow flavors to blend. Add the cashews and serve at room temperature.