Cranberry Apple Salad
Good for you
- 4 C. Cranberries
- 2 C. Water
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 Envelopes of Unflavored Gelatin (or 2 T.)
- 1/4 C. Cold Water
- 1 C. Celery (Cut into bit size pieces)
- 1 C. Apples (do not peel, cut into bit size pieces)
- 1/2 C. salted Peanuts or (your choice of nuts)
Place the Cranberries and Water in a pan and cook until the skin on the Cranberry breaks.
Put the Cranberry mixture through a strainer to eliminate the Seeds and Skins of the Cranberries. The mixture that is left is called the "Pulp". to this mixture you will add the Sugar and boil slowly for 5 minutes, then take off the stove.
Soften the envelopes of gelatin in the cold water. Once it is dissolved blend into the hot Cranberry mixture and let cool until mixture begins to congeal. Now, add the Celery, Apples, Peanuts or (Pecans) and stir. Place in 8 individual molds, or 9" ring and chill. When set, serve on salad greens with a Dolop of Mayo or whipped cream on top. There you have it.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)