You can use either all shrimp or all crab meat, or even substitute another cooked shellfish such as scallops or lobster.
- For Dressing:
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- For Salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. fresh-cooked lump crab meat, picked over for cartilage and shell fragments
- 1/2 lb. cooked tiny shrimp
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into quarters
- 8 red or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Cooking time 15mins
In a small bowl, stir together mayo chili sauce, pickle relish and salt and pepper to taste. You will have about 1 cup. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
In a large salad bowl or 4 individual salad bowls, combine lettuce and cucumber and toss to mix. Mound crab meat and shrimp in the center of the bowl(s) and arrange the avocado slices, egg quarters and tomatoes around the seafood.
Spoon the dressing over the seafood and garnish with the parsley. Toss at the table and pass the lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.