Fancy Pants Chicken
Chicken, Prosciutto, Spinach and Mushrooms smothered in a savory sauce and covered with Mozzarella - What's there not to like!
- 2 Lbs. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Package Prosciutto
- 1/2 bag of Fresh Spinach, or 1 box of frozen
- 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets - Onion Mushroom or Beefy Onion
- Garlic, Pepper, Tarragon and Sage to taste
- 1/2 Cup White Wine or Dry Sherry
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cut chicken breast in half horizontally, pound pieces with a mallet to 1/4" thickness.
Spray a 13"x9" pan with cooking spray.
Layer chicken in pan, overlapping as needed. Cover with Prosciutto, then Spinach and sprinkle with Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper. Top with Mushrooms.
Whisk together Olive Oil, Wine and Lipton envelope contents - add garlic, Pepper, Tarragon and Sage to taste. Pour over everything.
Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375F for 30 minutes
Top with Mozzarella and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes
Optional - prepare a second packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets with the Olive Oil and Wine in a sauce pan. Cook over medium low until somewhat thickened and serve with the chicken dish.