Easy Tuscan Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine 4 large roma tomatoes, quartered
- 6 tablespoons butter
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Dip the chicken breasts into the pepper mixture until well coated, then place the chicken on a baking dish.
Broil the chicken in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook and stir for about 6 minutes, then stir in the white wine. Allow the wine to simmer and reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the roma tomatoes; cook and still until the tomatoes are warmed through. Stir in the butter until it melts. Serve the sauce over the cooked chicken breast.