- 1 (16 ounce) package salad macaroni (or ditali pasta)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced (yellow or white)
- 1 cup medium cheddar, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1 ⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1 cup salami, diced
- 1 cup olive, black, sliced
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 -2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 -2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (3 ounce) jar diced pimentos, rinsed and drained
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Adapted from food.com
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
Add macaroni and cook until it is al dente, approximately 7-9 minutes.
DO NOT OVERCOOK the pasta or it will fall apart when the salad is tossed together.
Rinse macaroni until cool.
Drain well and let it dry out slightly.
Place pasta in a large bowl.
Carefully fold in celery, onion, cheddar, Swiss cheese, Parmesan, dill pickles, salami, and black olives.
Refrigerate the mixture, covered, overnight (or refrigerate for at least 2 hours).
Mix the garlic salt, minced garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and celery salt together. Add to the salad.
Fold in pimentos.
Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise and horseradish; fold into the salad. (You may use up to another 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if needed).
Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Oven-Baked Eggplant Parmesan 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Scallops over Spinach, White Beans... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Gnocchi with Browned Butter 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Simple Macaroni and Beef with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)