Veal Scaloppine With Gorgonzola Sauce
- 1 cup beef stock or canned beef broth
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 pound veal scaloppine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - (about)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Boil both stocks in medium saucepan until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Dredge veal in flour to coat; shake off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add veal and sauté until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining veal, adding more oil to skillet as necessary.
Add reduced stock mixture, cream, 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 4 tablespoons basil and tomato paste to skillet. Simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, whisking frequently, about 5 minutes. Add 1/3 cup Gorgonzola; stir until melted.
Pour sauce over veal. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 tablespoons basil and 1/3 cup Gorgonzola.
This recipe yields 4 servings.