Blueberry-Sour Cream Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white whole-wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 9 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups. Lightly coat liners with cooking spray.
2. Combine oats, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter; toss with a fork.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter, sour cream, granulated sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°; bake an additional 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.