BBQ Chicken "Slawiches"
- Slaw and Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- BBQ Chicken
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, split, lightly toasted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from familycircle.com
In a large bowl, combine onion, 2 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cabbage and oil; toss to combine well.
In a second bowl, toss cucumber, dill, 1 tsp vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt.
Whisk first 7 ingredients and 2 tbsp water. Add chicken and toss to combine.
Divide lettuce, chicken, slaw and about 1/2 the cucumber among buns. Press down lightly to compress. Serve extra cucumber on the side.
Servings Per Recipe: 4 PER SERVING: 600 cal., 20 g total fat 77 g carb. (3 g fiber), 28 g pro.