Grilled Eggplant Provolone Stacks
450 cal, 33 g fat, 30 g protein, 11 g carb, 4 g fiber
- 2 medium eggplants cut into 3/4 in thick rounds
- 1 lb provolone, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small red Chile minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as mint, parsley, cilantro, or basil plus more for topping
1. Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Brush the eggplant and provolone on both sides with olive oil and season the eggplant to taste with salt and pepper. Grill the eggplant until beginning to soften, about 5 mins per side. Grill the provolone wedges over indirect heat about 15 seconds per side.
2. In a large bowl whisk together 1/2 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, Chile, and herbs. Add the grilled eggplant and provolone to the marinade, cover and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 20 mins or up to 2 hours.
3. to serve place a provolone wedge between two eggplant rounds and secure with a toothpick if necessary. Sprinkle with herbs.