- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. scallions, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, halved
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 cups tomatoes, quartered, or 2 cans whole tomatoes (28oz each)
- salt and pepper to taste
combine crumbs, milk, feta, parsley, scallions, salt, oregano and egg in a mixing bowl.
stir in the ground chuck and mix lightly but well. shape the mixture into balls about 2" in diameter
heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high. add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 5mins. remove from pan and keep warm.
add olives, garlic and pepper flakes to the pan and saute q mins. stir in tomatoes and cook 10mins. season with salt and pepper, return meatballs to the pan, and simmer 5mins, or until cooked through.
serve over couscous topped with feta dressing and garnished with cucumber and lemon zest.