Prepared tart crusts cut prep time for these sweet lemon tarts. A microwave readies the filling in just minutes. The hard part? Waiting for the filling to set!
- 2 x 275g pkts frozen sweet tart crusts
- 60 g butter
- 100 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 35 g (1/4 cup) cornflour
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from taste.com.au
Bake the tart crusts following packet directions or until light golden.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds. Whisk in the sugar, cornflour and custard powder to make a paste. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds.
Whisk in water. Cook on High/800watts/ 100% for 40 seconds. Whisk in lemon juice. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 1 minute. Whisk. Repeat until the mixture thickens slightly. Whisk in the milk, then the egg. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 40 seconds.
Pour the mixture among the tart cases. Set aside for 30 minutes to set.
You'll also love
- Grilled Corn & Ricotta Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Key Lime Pudding Pops 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Real Margaritas 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie for 2 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Asparagus,... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Ladybug and Flower Cupcakes 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Irish Cream Pudding Shots 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake 4.6/5 (16 Votes)