Tequila Lime Tart
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk - (14 oz)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh lime slices (optional)
Make Crust: Blend all ingredients in processor until small clumps form. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. (Can be made 1 day ahead; chill.)
Make Filling: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir condensed milk and next 3 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Set condensed milk mixture aside.
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with sugar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Using rubber spatula, gently fold 1 1/2 cups condensed milk mixture into whites. Fold remaining milk mixture into whites until just incorporated.
Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake until filling puffs up slightly and tester inserted into center comes out with some moist filling attached, about 40 minutes. Cool tart completely on rack. Chill until cold, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours. Garnish tart with whipped cream and lime slices.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (170 Votes)