- 4 baking potatoes, washed
- 1.5 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (fry your own!)
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the canola oil and bake for 1 hour, making sure they are sufficiently cooked through.
3. Slice the butter into pats. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Lower the heat to 350 degrees F.
4. With a sharp knife, cut each ptoato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
5. Smash the potatoes into the butter and bacon. Add the cheese, milk, seasoned salt, and black pepper to taste and mix together well.
6. Fill the potato shells with the filling. Add to fill the shells so they look abundant and heaping. Top each potato with a little more grated cheese and pop 'em in the oven until the potato is warmed through, approximately 15 - 20 minutes