Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion chopped (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes - (8 oz) drained, and cut into strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Char bell pepper over gas flame or in broiler until blackened all over. Enclose in paper bag. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed bell pepper; coarsely chop. Combine bell pepper and next 5 ingredients in processor. Blend until almost smooth. Transfer to medium bowl.
Mix sun-dried tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, cream, vinegar and lemon juice in processor. With machine running, add oil; blend until almost smooth. Whisk sun-dried tomato mixture into bell pepper mixture.
This recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups.