Tanner Crab Cakes
- For the Cab Cakes:
- 1 cluster Tanner crab legs that have been steamed with old bay spice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 cu mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Old Bay
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parm. cheese
- 6 - 8 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pick all the crab legs, separating the large chunks from the flaked meat and set aside.
Saute onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons till soft, set aside to cool.
Mix Mayonnaise, olive oil eggs white pepper,old bay, mustard, salt, parsley, Parm. cheese, worchestershire sauce, lemon juice and crackers. Add the finely flaked crab meat and toss with a fork. tear or cut the big peices of crab legs into large chunks and add to the mixture, toss till well coated.
Put parchment paper onto a cookie sheet, and the bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Using a ice cream scooper; place a scoop into your hand and place into the bread crumbs forming a patty and coating the crab cake evenly with the bread crumbs ,place on a cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining crab mixture.
Put into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat the oil and the butter into a large frying pan till bubbling. Fry the crab cakes on medium heat till brown, flip and brown the other side, cooking 3 at a time. Transfer to a paper towel to drain, keep warm in a 200 degree oven while you cook the rest of the crab cakes.
For the remoulade sauce; mix all ingredients together and refigerate until ready to serve: makes 1 cup.