Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x5x3" pan.
- 8 T. (1 stick) Butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C. Flour (all purpose)
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 C. Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1/2 C. Shelled Walnuts, Coarsely Chopped
1. Cream Butter and Sugar till light and Fluffy. Add Eggs one at a time , beating after each addition.
2. Sift all purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Salt together, stir in Whole Wheat Flour and add to creamy mixture, mixing well.
3. Fold in the Mashed Bananas, Vanilla and Walnuts.
4. Pour mixture into pan, bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean- cool in pan for 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack.
5. Makes one loaf!