Bon Appetit from Ketter party
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet (preferably wild), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1/4' pieces
- 1/2 cup (or more) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced, toasted
Bring wine and shallot to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low; add salmon. Gently poach until salmon is barely opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Strain poaching liquid through a fine-mesh sieve; set aside shallot and discard liquid. Place salmon and shallot in a large bowl; cover and chill until completely cooled.
Add smoked salmon, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, chives, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice to salmon and shallot. Gently mix just to combine (salmon will break up a little, but do not overmix or a paste will form). Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more mayonnaise and lemon juice, if desired. DO AHEAD: Rillettes can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Serve rillettes cold with toasted slices of baguette.