French Raisin Apple Pie
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (4 to 6 medium) peeled, chopped tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie dough round or shell
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
HEAT oven to 425° F.
COMBINE raisins, sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix with apples and lemon juice. If using pie dough, fit into 9-inch pan according to package directions.
POUR fruit into pie shell.
COMBINE remaining 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar and butter just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over raisin-apple mixture.
BAKE on lowest oven rack for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake an additional 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 8 servings.
Variation: Apple Crumble
Prepare ingredients as for French Raisin Apple Pie, omitting the pie shell. Place fruit in a 9-inch pie pan or an 8 to 9 inch round or square pan. Sprinkle brown sugar crumb mixture over fruit. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Serve warm or cold.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 4.4/5 (65 Votes)