Shrimp Zucchini Pasta Puttanesca
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 anchovy filets
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5oz can, whole tomatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons halved kalamata (or green) olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1.5 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley + more to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 10-12 medium shrimp, deveined, shells removed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from inspiralized.com
Place a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in the garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovy filets. Cook for 1 minute, allowing the anchovies to mainly dissolve, and then add in the tomatoes, crushing with your hands as you add them into the saucepan. Make sure to pour all of the juices from the can into the saucepan.
Stir the tomatoes and add in the capers, olives, parsley, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Add in the shrimp, cover and cook about 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Uncover, remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon or pasta tongs and set aside on a plate.
Let the mixture reduce fully, about 10 minutes. Once reduced, add in the shrimp and zucchini noodles and cook for 3 minutes, tossing frequently, or until zucchini cooks to al dente.
Portion the pasta into bowls and garnish each with additional parsley. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Coconut Oil Coffee 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Yellow Corn Chowder 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tri Color Pasta Salad 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Pasta Salad with Chicken,... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Steak Sandwiches with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Louisiana Crawfish Etouffee 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodle Chow Mein 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Thai Red Curry with Shrimp... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)