- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut 1 1/2" pieces
- 8 ounces fully-cooked hot link sausages - (abt 3) cubed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes - (14 1/4 oz)
- 1 package frozen sliced okra - (10 oz)
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 8 ounces uncooked large shrimp peeled, deveined
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage and sauté until brown, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer mixture to bowl.
Add onion and bell pepper to pot. Sauté until soft and brown, about 6 minutes. Add flour and stir until golden, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, then diced tomatoes with their juices. Bring to boil.
Mix in chicken mixture, okra and rice. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Mix scallops and shrimp into pot. Cover and cook until seafood is cooked through, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with cayenne, salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.