Chorizo Breakfast Taquitos
- 1 pound chorizo
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, avocado crema, and hot sauce for garnish
1) Over medium heat, add the chorizo to a non-stick skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, making sure to stir and break up the meat as you go.
2) Add chopped bacon and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3) Add 5 eggs into a large bowl, mix yolks and white together, and add into the skillet, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. You may also add salt and pepper at this point.
4) Add cheddar cheese and stir the mixture together until the cheese is melted. Once everything is cooked remove from heat.
5) Warm tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds, then lay them out, spooning the chorizo mixture over half of the tortilla and rolling tightly to form the taquito. Line a baking tray with foil, place taquitos on tray and lightly grease with cooking spray.
6) Bake at 425 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
7) Allow to cool for a few minutes, serve with source cream, avocado crema and hot sauce, and enjoy!