Baked potatoes with capsicums and spring onions
By Sharon T
***Sub Avocado smashed, or Silken tofu,pureed
- 4 large (or 8 small) baking potatoes, washed
- salad leaves for serving
- 1/2 cup finely diced red capsicums--M alk
- 1/4 cup finely sliced spring onion--M alk
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)--L alk
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt----Sub***
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese--Feta
- 2 tsp prepared whole grain mustard--??
Adapted from vegetables.co.nz.com
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Prick each potato several times with a fork.
Rub potatoes with a little oil and place on a baking tray in the middle of the oven. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes from the oven.
To serve, slice a cross into potato top. With both hands, press near the base of the potato to open the top.
Place all filling ingredients into a bowl and mix. Spoon into the opened up potato.
Serve with salad leaves.
Variation 1: Keep half the cheese to sprinkle on top of the filled potatoes. Place under a preheated grill until golden.
Variation 2: Microwaved baked potatoes:
Prick potatoes with a fork to pierce the skin.
Place in microwave, and cook on high power for about 4-5 minutes for each potato; two potatoes will take 8-10 minutes. The time depends on the power of the microwave and the size of the potatoes.
Carefully remove potatoes from the microwave and follow instructions as above.