Aromatic Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken
- 4 lemongrass stalks, tough outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lime wedges (for serving)
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Put lemongrass, shallot, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes in a food processor and process to a fine paste.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a Ziploc bag.
3. Add lemongrass mixture; chill at least 2 hours.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
5. Remove chicken from marinade, scrape off excess, and cook until golden brown, 6–8 minutes; turn and cook until cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
6. Serve chicken with lime wedges.