Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Trim and Truss
- 3 lbs cut beef tenderloin
- Rub Tenderloin with
- 1 ⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°.
Trim silverskin and fat from tenderloin; wash it and dry well with paper towels. Truss the meat with cotton string at every inch to create a round profile. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
Rub meat with olive oil. Then salt and pepper just before searing to prevent juices from leeching. This promotes maximum browning.
Sear on all sides until browned, about three rotations, 1 minute each. Roast in oven 20 - 30 minutes, turning tenderloin over halfway through cooking for even browning. When temperature reads 130° (medium-rare), remove from oven. Cover the roast with aluminum foil and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into 1 1/2" slices.
You'll also love
- Nutty Chicken Cutlets with Citrus... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cast Iron Steak Filets with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Tenders 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Loin with Hazelnut Brown... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Beef and Bow-Ties 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with... 4/5 (1 Votes)