Southwestern Lime Chicken With Ancho Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Ancho Chili Sauce (see recipe)
Combine first 9 ingredients in medium bowl; whisk to blend. Place chicken in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove chicken breasts from marinade. Grill chicken until just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Place 1 cheese slice atop each chicken breast half; cover barbecue and cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken breasts to plates. Serve with Ancho Chili Sauce.
This recipe yields 8 servings.