Southwestern Caesar Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large romaine lettuce head cut bite size
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed, drained
- 4 tablespoon freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Whisk mayonnaise, chicken broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, chipotles and brown sugar in medium bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Mix lettuce, tomatoes and corn in large bowl. Add dressing and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.