- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces dark semisweet chocolate chips, melted in a double boiler
- 1 pint salted caramel ice cream, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans, chopped, for garnish
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-tacos.html?oc=linkback
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites and sugar and beat with a whisk until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, salt, melted butter, cream and vanilla until combined.
Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and, with a small offset spatula, spread the batter into an even 4- to 5-inch pancake. Cook on the first side until golden brown at the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the reverse side, about 1 minute more. Remove from the pan and immediately hang the pancake over the handle of a wooden spoon to form the taco. Set aside to set, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Dip the tacos in the melted chocolate and return to the wooden spoon. If making ahead of time, refrigerate until needed.
Fill the tacos with the softened ice cream and garnish with the chopped pecans.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-tacos.html?oc=linkback