- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk, or more, as needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Stir in cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.