Shrimp With Spicy Creole Sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 28 uncooked large shrimp shells intact
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Hot french bread
Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
Melt 3 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add Worcestersihre sauce, lemon juice and garlic; sauté until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp; sauté until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.
Transfer shrimp to large bowl. Pour sauce over shrimp. Serve with hot French bread for dipping.
This recipe yields 4 servings as an appetizer or 2 as a main course.