Roast Chicken Thighs With Jerk Corn & Lime
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 habanero chilies, sliced
- Kernels from 4 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- Lime wedges, to serve
Adapted from wsj.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a roasting pan, rub chicken with a generous pinch of salt, lime zest and ¼ teaspoon chili flakes. Roast until skin crisps and meat cooks through, about 20 minutes.
In a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind allspice, cinnamon, remaining chili flakes, cumin and black pepper together until finely ground and combined.
Set a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Once bubbling, add tomatoes and cook until blistered, about 3 minutes. Add chilies and cook until aromatic, 30 seconds. Stir in ground spices and sauté until aromatic, 30 seconds more. Add corn and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste. Off heat, stir in basil.
Serve chicken with corn and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Blueberry Slump 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Paleo Chinese Eggplant 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bloody Mary – Pickled Green Beans 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Polenta Toasts with Herbed Ricotta... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Rosemary Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cornmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (5 Votes)