Sangria can be made one day ahead without the club soda or fruit. Stir in soda and fruit before serving.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Chardonnay or full-bodied white wine
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps or brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cans (12 oz each) club soda
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1 peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 plum, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- Ice cubes
In a large pitcher, combine wine, rum, schnapps, orange juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
To serve, add club soda, honeydew, peach and plum slices to wine mixture, stirring to combine. Place 2 raspberries in the bottom of each serving glass and using the back of a spoon, gently smash raspberries against glass. Place several ice cubes on top.
Ladle wine mixture on top of ice and serve.